Skip Navigation

Valley Christian Academy has been approved by SEVIS to accept international students in November 2011. Students looking to attend Valley Christian Academy on a basis other than foreign exchange are considered to be international students. In order for international high school students to attend Valley Christian Academy, students must be issued an I-20 form from Valley Christian Academy, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Students Status”. VCA has been approved to accept F-1 status international students.

International Student Application Process:
  1. Complete a VCA International Student Enrollment Packet
  2. Submit the VCA international financial statement and all required financial documents located at the back of the enrollment packet. Students must demonstrate adequate financial resources to receive certification.
  3. Both parent/guardian and student must read and sign the VCA High School Handbook
  4. Submit a copy of your student’s birth certificate and current immunization records. (translated in English if applicable)
  5. Submit a copy of your student’s passport.
  6. If your student is transferring from another high school, a VCA international student transfer form will need to be completed and submitted.
  7. If a student is applying for entrance into 10, 11, or 12 grades, a copy of their high school transcript will need to be submitted. (Translated in English)
  8. Submit the new international student fee at the time the application is submitted.

PLEASE NOTE: The application process doesn’t guarantee enrollment at VCA or approval by SEVIS.

What happens after the application process?

Once all forms and required documentation are submitted, VCA will make the determination whether to issue the Form I-20. If VCA approves the application of an international student, a Form I-20 will be issued by mail or in person to the student’s parent/ guardian.

International Student Housing

Valley Christian doesn’t provide boarding facilities or host family housing for international students. International students will need to make their own living arrangements, whether with family, family friends, or a parent-approved guardian here in the Sacramento area.


ESL Program

 VCA does offer an ESL program for students needing additional English language support. International students will need to have some proficiency in the English language in reading and writing. Students may be required to submit either a TOEFL, SLEP,  test score to show their proficiency in the English language.


International Student Health Insurance

VCA requires that all International students carry health insurance while in attendance. There are many companies that offer international student insurance plans.  VCA does not endorse or recommend any particular health insurance service. We encourage students to find an insurance provider that meets their needs.



International Student Application

International Student Transferring to VCA Form


Information and Contact

For more information or to set up an appointment, please contact the VCA office at 916/728-5500 or email Mark Gunter at